Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chapter Thirteen - Law

In class we were shown a clip where Don Imus was commenting on the Rutger's women basketball team. One of his rude comments directed toward them was calling some players "nappy-headed hos." This is completely inappropriate and I am astonished he would say something like that while he was on air. He embarrassed Rutgers players in an unacceptable way. In addition it took him two days to apologize. His comments were way out of line, he should have thought about what he said before saying it.
If I were in charge, I would have immediately released an apology. In addition I would have suspended Imus for a lot longer then two weeks. I would have suspended him for four weeks and then closely monitored his shows for a few weeks. I would be tempted to fire him and probably would if this kind of rude commentary was a re-occurring part of his show.

No comments:

The Credit Report.com commercials

Example of Bad Ad